Emergency Tips to Protect Your Timber Floor from Water DamageDecember 1, 2016
A timber floor is one of the most prized possessions for any homeowner. The natural beauty and appearance of timber flooring is unique among all flooring materials, and it is becoming increasingly popular, for all the right reasons. It’s durable, authentic, good-looking, and it is easy to maintain.
However, water is probably the only substance that can create troubles for hardwood flooring. So, knowing what to do in an emergency to protect your timber floor from accidental water damage is important. Here are some tips to help do that.
1. Remove Water Immediately
No matter how much water has been spilled, the first step is to remove it as soon as possible, don’t let it sit for long. Although timber floors are installed with a top layer sealing when installed, if the floor hasn’t been maintained and resealed in a while, water can seep into and under the wood and cause damage. If no mop is available, use clothe such as towels to remove the water.
Open all the windows in the room and other areas of your home to create airflow, or increase the air temperature to help evaporate any remaining moisture quickly. Turning fans on also helps to ventilate the area, and then use a dehumidifier after all water has evaporated.
3. Contact a Timber Flooring Expert
Even though water has been removed, it is a wise choice to contact timber flooring experts to inspect your floor, to make sure no moisture is trapped underneath it. Moisture trapped under timber flooring can cause mildew and mold to flourish, and can cause flooring to warp.
Other Helpful Tips to Protect Timber Flooring from Water Damage
It can be disheartening to witness water damage on your precious timber floor, but right decisions taken at the right time can save it and a lot of money in repairs. It is important to always act quickly in case of flooding or when water spills on your timber floor. Also, always wear gloves when removing water off wet flooring as moisture breeds bacteria and mold that can cause ski infection and sickness.
If you not sure who to call to inspect your timber floor, not to worry, MAB Timber Floors can help you in an emergency to protect your flooring. Other services include repairs, sealing, sanding and maintenance of hardwood timber flooring, Parquet floors, and cork flooring.
Interested in our services?
- 0407 627 001
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Pros and Cons of Using Cork Tiles
- Benefits of Hardwood Timber Floors for Your Kitchen
- Reasons to Seek Professional Help for Scratch Removal of Hardwood Timber Floors
- Hardwood Flooring Advantages
- Timber Flooring versus Laminate Flooring: Why Timber Flooring is Better
- Parquet Floor Maintenance Guide
- Sanding Wood Floors: The Floor Sanding Process
- Timber Floor for Gymnasiums: Why Is It Better?
- New Home, New Timber Floor: MAB Timber Floors Can Do It For You!
- Cork Flooring Sanding Services: When and Why?
- Decking Design Benefits of Hardwood Timber Flooring
- Outdoor Decks and Patios Design Using Hardwood Timber Flooring
- Healthy Reasons to Change to Hardwood Timber Flooring
- How Timber Flooring Works to Bring the Earthly Themed Design into Your Home
- Benefits of Timber Floor Restoration and Preservation
- Floor Polishing and Sanding Services in Melbourne
- The Advantages of Switching to Timber Flooring
- Choosing between Timber Flooring and Parquet Flooring: What's the Difference?
- Simple Maintenance Tips for Your Timber Floor
- Sanding and Polishing Timber Floors: Why Is It Better to Hire Experts?
- Timber Flooring and Decking Services: MAB Timber Floors Is Your Specialist